Porcelain Dental Crowns
The most aesthetic option for dental crowns are porcelain crowns.
In modern dentistry, the most aesthetic option for dental crowns (or caps) are porcelain crowns. Nothing replicates natural enamel and dentin better than porcelain.
In the past, the porcelain systems were weaker, thus the base of the crown had to be made of metal and THEN porcelain was fused to that metal.Ever wonder why you see a dark line at the gumline of some people's teeth?
It's because of the metal that exists underneath the porcelain. At Atlanta Dental Spa we do not do metal crowns mainly for two big reasons:
- There is no way to replicate nature when there is metal underneath the porcelain. It completely changes the way the light reflects and refracts from the porcelain
- With the exception of titanium, the human body does not like to have metal surrounding sensitive gum tissue
- Your Smile – An Ingredient for Success!
- Atlanta Dental Spa 2015 Scholarship Winner Chosen
- Cost of Porcelain Veneers
- 4 Easy Tricks to Get Your Kids CAVITY-FREE for Life (and #2 will reverse small cavities!)
- The Most Affordable Dental Care is at Your Fingertips: a message especially aimed at my 20-40 year old readers