Dental Bridges: Porcelain Bridge – Atlanta Dentists
What is a Porcelain Bridge?
Dental bridges or more specifically, a porcelain bridge is a treatment option for replacing a missing tooth. A porcelain bridge is a highly aesthetic and functional option that will replace the lost tooth.
Who is a candidate for a Porcelain bridge?
If you have lost a tooth or teeth for any reason that has resulted in a gap between your remaining teeth, you are likely a candidate for a dental bridge. You other options are dental implant replacements, or removable partial dentures. When you schedule a consultation with the Atlanta Dental Spa, we will review each of these options with you to find out which is the best treatment for you.
What are the advantages of a Porcelain bridge?
Advantages of a porcelain bridge include:
- Dental bridges are a highly aesthetic option for replacing a lost tooth
- Atlanta Dental Spa bridges look and feel and function like natural teeth
- All porcelain bridges do not have the ugly gray line at the gumline (like porcelain bridges that have a metal substructure)
Example of our porcelain bridges. The white “x” indicate the missing teeth
What are the disadvantages of a Porcelain bridge?
Disadvantages of a porcealin bridge include:
- The teeth on either side of the missing tooth/teeth must be prepared for a restoration
- All of the teeth in the dental bridge are connected, so flossing is more difficult
- If one tooth on the bridge has a problem, the whole bridge must be replaced
How long do they last?
If you care for your teeth the way we, at Atlanta Dental Spa, recommend, then your porcelain bridge should last a long time. Our Atlanta cosmetic dentists guarantee their work for years.
How much do they cost?
Because dental bridges are a multi-tooth restoration, they will typically cost several times more than a traditional crown fee.
- Your Smile – An Ingredient for Success!
- Atlanta Dental Spa 2015 Scholarship Winner Chosen
- Cost of Porcelain Veneers
- 4 Easy Tricks to Get Your Kids CAVITY-FREE for Life (and #2 will reverse small cavities!)
- The Most Affordable Dental Care is at Your Fingertips: a message especially aimed at my 20-40 year old readers